Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Jerry and the very, very hot pots!

 I'm always game to try something new!  My son and I took a red hot class on Japanese Raku pottery at the Rum River Center for the Arts.  You'll see why I say red hot when you look at the video below.  Hope you like the results!

As a former firefighter, I wasn't too nervous about the fire.  I just didn't want to drop or ruin any of the other potter's pieces.  I was so relieved when I got them all safely out of the kiln.  After seeing Dad's success, my youngest was even willing to give it a try.


Raku is cool because it is unpredictable - the mix of heat and ash can make some wonderful pieces.  They can even take on an almost metallic glow.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters to the Elves!

  The elves love to receive letters!  Here are is a nice one they shared with me recently: