Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Summer Fun!

  My last post had me re-thinking where summer had gone.  I took a quick stroll through my camera on my phone and remembered a lot of good times.  Here's some of the things I did!  Remember, the average human only gets 80 or so summers (if they're lucky).  Be sure not to waste them!

First off, we adopted a new puppy from a rescue organization.  She's my new shop assistant!  This is me holding her in the picture (she likes me best!)


This summer I made some more pottery.  I was happy to show this piece of mine in the Rum River Art Center's "Home" show.  The vessel's shape is meant to look like a Viking ship and the runes on the shields spell out the names of my family members.

I helped a friend get married.  I had previously married this couple at the Chapsicle of Love in January.  However, they wanted a summer affair with more friends and family.  I helped out by reading the epic poem I wrote for them in January.


I was certainly a proud father.  My youngest son painted these images for the newly opened TreeTop Trail at the Minnesota Zoo.  That was a good day when I got to see his art on the wall.


I went to some fun parades.  I marched in a few, but also enjoyed sitting on the sidelines.  The art bikes were definitely a summer highlight.


And last but not least, we went to New York to visit family.  I'm a retired firefighter, so one of my favorite stops was the New York Fire Department Museum.  It was just amazing!



Summer felt short, but we have a lot of things planned for the fall, including some elf houses!  Stay tuned for my next post and I'll tell you all about it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters to the Elves!

  The elves love to receive letters!  Here are is a nice one they shared with me recently: