Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Trying new things with a familiar flare

I've shared before my adventures in pottery on the blog before.  This is a prototype, I'm particularly proud of - a yarn bowl for my wife, whose recently taken up knitting.  

The runes on the side represent the Goddess Frigg.  Frigg is the goddess of home and family in Scandinavian myth - but she also has a special role protecting weavers.  It is said that Frigg guards Yddrasil.  The Great World Tree is where the three weavers of our fates sit and spin out the fabric of our lives.  Because of this Frigg is considered the goddess of weavers everywhere.  

This prototype is getting its bisque fire and glaze this week.  I'll let you know how it all turns out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters to the Elves!

  The elves love to receive letters!  Here are is a nice one they shared with me recently: